Friday 1 February 2008

B4E Challenge


Here are the five things you might not know about me yet.
1) I have been doing Aikido for 4 years or so. Aikido is the art of harmonizing with the enemy, therefore, you don't need strength. I must confess I don't have a natural gift for the martial arts but I'm persistent, although I've been hurt a few times. I love it because it helps me overcome my weaknesses and fears. (Photo: me going from purple to green belt).

2) I lived in Israel for 2 years (between the ages of 9 to 11). My father was transfered to Tel-Aviv because he used to work for the Brazilian Army (he's retired now). Fortunately, there were no wars there at the time, and we had the most wonderful time of our lives.

3) I don't know the city where I was born because my family moved a lot due to my father's job, so I left there when I was 10 months old, and never went back. After that, we moved several other times. Thus, now I freak out when I hear the word "move". You might say I have phobia of moving.

4) I cry a lot. I even cry when I watch a beautiful commercial on TV. It's ridiculous, and sometimes I get very embarrassed. Therefore, I like watching TV alone because then I can cry as much as I want.

5) This is really embarrassing... ok... my favourite film is The Sound of Music. I must have seen it 30 times. I know all the songs and sometimes when no one is around I sing them for my 6-month old niece. Poor her! I'm a terrible singer.

All right, now that you've read some facts of my life, most of them really embarrassing, leave a message to cheer me up. Tell me it's ok, that they're not very embarrassing, that something similar has happened to you, or something like that. Meanwhile, I'll try not to blush.

13 comments:

Carla Raguseo said...

Dear Angela,
Of course, it's ok. In fact, it's fascinating to know we all have so many wacky things in common. I also cry a lot, especially with movies and I even talk to the characters and get mad at them when they mess it up! ;)

I also watched the Sound of Music many times and know many of the songs by heart.

I'm also glad to see you've finally been able to introduce your passion for Aikido with the group.

Thanks for joining the b4echallenge!

Hugs from Argentina,
Carla R.

testecarla said...

Dear Angela,

You're a human being just like everyone else around full of wonderful qualities and some flaws. I'm really glad you took the plunge and decided to share your darkest side.

Isn't blogging fun and meaningful?

Beijos.

sqpeg said...

dear angela,
reading your "5 things...", as well as the two carlas', knowing my own silly stories, makes me realize how complex we are are, how much we do have in common, despite being so different (humour, for one). great post! ;)
hope you'll read mine at http://squareeducation.blogspot.com/

keep up the good work,
andreea

Yulia Ch said...

Hello,Angela! You are so sincere and open about youself, it really attracts. Emotional,interesting, passionate, nothing to be embarrassed about. By the way, I've posted photoes of my native city and answered your question.
Yulia,NNovgorod
http://trialworld.blogspot.com/

Meem said...

Hello Angela......it is quite interesting to share and know more about fellow teachers...we are all humans after all...keep posting I enjoy reading it...

sqpeg said...

hey angela,
It's me again, andreea. and yes, i love ferrero rocher!
and anybody who loves ferrero rocher is sure to be on my reader ;).
looking forward to a new and interesting post.

thumbs up from romania,
andreea

Cristina Costa said...

Hi Angela,

It is not embarrassing at all.
It is nice to know you practise Aikido . I don't know much about it.Maybe one day you can blog about it. I have just started to practise Astangha Yoga and I am not good at it, but is the challenge that keeps me going. Aikido much be much more complex, so I would say you are doing great - a green belt already! Congrats.

I also love Sound of Music. Xmas is not the same without it. I love musicals in general. Here in the UK I have more opportunities to go and see them. I have been to Mary Poppins, Cats and Fame. They are part of a hidden dream on mine - of being able to dance! :-)

Thanks for sharing

Mary H said...

Hi Angela,
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your world! I really liked the picture of you practicing Aikido, and look forward to you sharing more about it with us. Like Cris, I like to do yoga; I haven't tried Aikido, but my husband did for a short time.
We can see the power of the b4echallenge tag!

Hugs,
MaryH

Consuelo said...

Dear Angela,

I as well as you am very sensitive. I don´t think it is something to be ashamed of, but as you said it is embarrassing when you are watching a film with someone and they start asking why you are crying.

Would you like to visit the town where you were born some time?

Connsuelo

Luciana said...

Dear Angela,

I've already knew something about you, but I didn't know which was your favorite film, not even that you sing. Don't worry about crying a lot , because you're a wonderful person, just as you are.

Lots of kisses,

Luciana

Angela said...

Hello guys,

Thanks a lot for your sweet comments. I am very happy for your support on my wierdnesses and my passion for Aikido.
Well, Consuelo asked if I would like to visit the town where I was born. I think it doesn't make any sense for me anymore. I regret not having a hometown, but what would I do there? I don't know anyone there. I just have no idea what I would like to see, or do, or visit. I don't believe it would feel like home.
C'est la vie, right?
I will survive, I will survive, just as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive... (hihihihihihi)
Ok, I'll stop before I do anything else more embarrassing.
Hugs to all,
Angela

Fabiana Bridi Santos said...

Hi Angela,

I really like reading your posts. It's not the first time I stop by but finally managed to leave a message.

We definitely have things in common besides living in the same city.

;-)

I also cry a lot during films and soap operas, my first career was in Business Administration which I gave up 5 years ago and I like physical challenges - I've been doing yoga for almost a year now.

Have you seen "P.S. I love you"? God, it really made me cry!

Bjim,

Fabiana

Patricia said...

Dear Angela,
Are you embarrased because you cry when watching a film? I cry when watching some commercials!!!! After all we're women, the most emotional creatures on the Earth. And should be proud of it, don't you think?
Now, about The Sound of Music... no comments! (Just kidding, hahahaha)
Thank you for sharing, very brave (I haven't dared, yet).
Pato
http://reflectingonweb20.blogspot.com/